Fishing for the Fisher family - caught at last.

I have an ancestor Isabella Fisher - check out this photo of her taken in Auburn, she looks pretty forbidding.



I know who Isabella's parents were from her marriage certificate, they were Robert Fisher and Susan Stanway, but I have hit a brickwall finding out who they were, or when the family came to Australia.
I've search everywhere I can think off, so what now?  Well, I am going to try some message boards and forums.
I posted on the Australian Ancestry, which I found a bit frustrating until I found a button on the bottom left :Change to flat view.  Use this to see all the comments on one page, much easier!

then I posted on rootschat.com.  This is much easier to use and view, and I know the people who read it are very knowledgeable.

While there I came across this link: http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-raa30-s1-v
Its a fantastic atlas of Australia in 1886, and contains information about every town.
Here is what it says about St Marys:

It pays to look around on these sites!  This one is part of the National Library of Australia.

Success!  before I could finish this post the brains trust at Roots Web have found the marriage of Isabellas parents on TOVE.  AND if found a great tip for searching on TOVE.

To find this marriage, rosball (many thanks to this person) searched for "fisher stanway"~4
(within 4 words).


A great tip.
 Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.  ..Ralph Marsden.







Comments

Popular Posts