Get the most out of a free weekend
I have a folder in my pictures folder called "AA TO BE DONE" where I download documents that have to be checked and researched. I label them with DATE, NAME, DOCUMENT - eg. 1781.William Woodbury.Gosford Pioneer Register. That way I can come back the them later easily. It does not really matter what you call them, just as long as YOU understand it!
So here are my tips:
- Download documents (as jpg files) to your computer and look at them later.
- Add them to your ancestry tree - you can always delete them from there if you have it wrong.
- DONT put a record into your own computer file as fact until you are sure it is - save it for looking at later. Always document your sources.
- Sort your hints in Ancestry to make it easier to group them together - do this by
- Go to "View people with hints":
- Decide whether you want to look at records, stories or photos - I go to photos first. Choose what you want to look at:
- Click on "Filter by name":, then "Last name"