If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up.

Well I think there was a bit of shock at work when I handed in my resignation.  It is time to retire and become a lady of leisure.  This means that I will have a bit more time (maybe??) to blog and expand my blog to more than genealogy, although I hope to do a lot more of that in the coming months.

I already have a trip to Hawaii, Melbourne for the Grand Prix, and London and Europe booked, so I have a lot of gen. work to do before I head off to London and Dublin.

I am going to miss my colleagues at work so much, but hopefully will keep up with their goings on via facebook.

I like AA Milne's quote on retirement best : Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.  ~Pooh's Little Instruction Book.

Comments

Popular Posts