The weather is like the government, always in the wrong.

We are heading to the UK next year, partly to do more research and trace the steps of my ancestors.  It's interesting to me how different the way I research compared to my husband is.  I use books, Internet genealogy sites, maps etc.  My husband uses the newspaper online.  For instance, he tells me this morning that the city of York (we are having 3 nights there) is under water!

I think it is a lesson for anyone researching the family history, information is everywhere, don't limit yourself to one source (like Ancestry) or you will miss out on some fantastic information.  It has inspired me to see if newspapers from the early 1920's when my mother sailed from England are anywhere online.  How fantastic it would be to see if  it was raining then!

In the meantime, here is what York looks like at present:

Comments

Popular Posts